Why Do MRSA Infections Recur?
Comment: Recurrent infections are common and one of the most frightening aspects of MRSA! Kirk Bortel M.D.
- Recurrences or new infections may occur soon after the original infection, or months to years later.
- Recurrent infections may occur in the original patient, a family member, or other persons in close contact with the patient.
- Some families experience multiple recurrences.
Reasons for MRSA Recurrences
- The infection did not completely resolve, or returned soon after treatment. This may indicate antibiotic resistance. A new antibiotic may be indicated, or the original antibiotic may need to be prescribed for a longer period of time and/or in a higher dose.
- The MRSA bacteria developed new antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistance that develops quickly is called inducible resistance. This means the antibiotic initially works, but the MRSA strain quickly develops resistance. The MRSA strain had an underlying ability to form resistance to the antibiotic, and exposure to the antibiotic simply “induced” the resistance.
- The individual is a MRSA carrier, and re-infects him or herself. A MRSA carrieris someone who is harboring MRSA bacteria. Note: Individuals can harbor MRSA for years!
- The individual was re-exposed to MRSA via someone with an active MRSA infection, or someone colonized with MRSA bacteria.
- The individual was re-exposed to MRSA via an infected pet.
- The individual was re-exposed to MRSA via a contaminated object.
How We Can Help You
We specialize in the treatment and prevention of MRSA skin infections. Over the years we’ve successfully helped our patients defeat MRSA.
Yet, we frequently encounter new patients frustrated over the lack of accurate and useful information available to treat/prevent their MRSA skin infections. Recognition of this unmet need prompted us to put into writing all that works for our patients and make it available to you. MRSA MD Insider’s Guide reveals how we successfully treat and prevent MRSA skin infections.
Included you’ll find:
- How To Treat MRSA Skin Infections.
- Which Antibiotics Work? What are the Side Effects?
- How To Care for MRSA Wounds.
- How To Minimize Pain Lancing an Abscess.
- How To Prevent the Spread of MRSA.
- How To Rid Your House of MRSA.
- How To Stop Recurrences and Stop Harboring MRSA.
Click Here – for more information on how this guide can help you!
We’ve treated countless MRSA skin infections and we bring that wisdom to you!